Hello, lovelies! I’m thrilled to be unveiling this month’s theme for the Boho Berry Challenge… reflection!
This month, in addition to the information provided on the #BohoBerryChallenge page, I wanted to take some time to explain my thought process behind this month’s theme.
I’m also going to give you a bit more guidance when it comes to the prompts themselves.
>> PSST… For the full instructions on how to participate in the challenge, be sure to head over here.
While we’re still experiencing Summer temperatures here in New Jersey, I can almost feel Fall starting to creep in. And there’s something about Fall that makes me want to do a little reflecting on my year so far and my life in general.
I just finalized my 18 before 2018 goals this week, and while I’m looking forward to marching ahead, I’m also in a very introspective frame of mind. Taking some time for reflection during the month of September just feels like a natural fit for the Boho Berry Challenge.
I spent a long time putting together the #BohoBerryChallenge prompts for this month, and a lot of thought went into what topics that I chose to explore.
The challenge prompts (as always) are completely open to interpretation, but I’m hoping that a little bit of extra guidance might help you to get more out of the challenge this month.
SEPTEMBER REFLECTION PROMPTS – EXPANDED
- HI! I’M… – Every month we begin with an “introductions” prompt. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the community and get to know others who are participating in the challenge.
- MY IDEAL DAY – What does an ideal day look like for you? Have you tried to create one in real life?
- WHEN I WAS YOUNG – Take some time to reflect on your childhood today. Anything goes here — the good AND the bad.
- MY BIGGEST ACCOMPLISHMENT – What is your biggest accomplishment so far? How about this month? This week? This year?
- MY GREATEST REGRET – What is your biggest regret? What lessons did you learn to help you going forward?
- STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS – Stream of consciousness journaling is a great way to reflect. Some people like to start this exercise with a brief meditation to relax. Once you’re ready, set a timer for your desired amount of time (I usually do 10 minutes), and get to writing. Write anything and everything that comes to mind, not worrying about making sense or organizing your thoughts. Take a few minutes when you’re done to analyze what you wrote.
- TODAY I’M GRATEFUL FOR – What things are you most grateful for today?
- 5 THINGS I’D LIKE TO SAY NO TO – We all have things that we say yes to and then later wish we hadn’t. What are some things that are no longer serving you that you’d like to say no to?
- 5 THINGS I’D LIKE TO SAY YES TO – On the other end of the spectrum, we all have things that we’d like to say yes to but don’t — usually out of fear. What are some things that you’d like to start saying yes to?
- I FEEL ENERGIZED WHEN – What activities, people, situations, or places make you feel energized?
- LETTER TO MY YOUNGER SELF – I love this exercise! If you could say anything to your younger self, what would it be?
- THE NICEST THING SOMEONE HAS DONE FOR ME – There’s nothing that brightens my mood faster than reflecting on something nice that someone has done for me. As an added bonus, it might even inspire you to pay it forward :)
- NEGATIVE SELF-TALK – We all have those things that we say to ourselves that aren’t true. “I’m not good at this”, “I suck!”, “I’m so ugly”, “I’m not the right person for ______”. What are some of your negative self-talk themes?
- POSITIVE SELF-TALK – Positive self-talk is the polar opposite of negative self-talk. I like to use affirmations as my positive self-talk. What are some affirmations or positive phrases you can say to yourself instead of the negative?
- 10 THINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE – Another positive mindset exercise… what makes you happy?
- GOAL CHECK – It’s time to check in on those goals! What progress have you made so far? How much further do you have to go?
- HABITS I’M PROUD OF – What good habits do you have in your life that you’re proud of?
- 5 YEARS FROM NOW – Where do you want to be in 5 years? I find it helps to break this down into categories. For example: Financial, Spiritual, Mental, Physical, Relational.
- SMALL VICTORIES – Today is the day to celebrate the small victories! Remember that tiny, incremental progress is still progress!
- BIG WINS – Have you had any big wins lately? Hit any major goals or accomplishments?
- NURTURING RELATIONSHIPS – You can look at this one of two ways – What are you doing to nurture your relationships? OR What relationships are nurturing you?
- I FEEL ALIVE WHEN – What lights up your life and makes you feel like life is worth living?
- MY STRENGTHS – Self-explanatory – what are your greatest strengths?
- MY WEAKNESSES – Self-explanatory – what are your greatest weaknesses?
- BEFORE THE YEAR IS OVER – What are some things that you’d like to accomplish before the year is over?
- WHAT IS GOING WELL? – What things have gone right this year?
- WHAT COULD BE IMPROVED? – What things could have been better? Can you reflect on how to improve them?
- WHAT DO I NEED TO START DOING? – Are there any projects that you need to start on? How about habits that you’d like to form or mindsets you’d like to improve?
- WHAT DO I NEED TO STOP DOING? – Is there anything that you need to let go of? Maybe something that is not serving you anymore?
- LESSONS THIS MONTH – What lessons have you learned during this month of reflection and introspection?
It’s my sincerest hope that my breakdown of each one of these prompts will help you to get more out of the challenge this month. Remember, one of the best parts of this challenge is engaging with the community and learning from one another.
PS – You can find the full challenge graphic, printable, and instructions for how to join the community right here.
JOIN THE BOHO BERRY TRIBE
- Access to the Tribe Resource Library, chock full of FREE printables. New printables added every two weeks!
- Admission into the Tribe Facebook Group, where we support and encourage each other daily.
- An invite to my monthly Live Q&A exclusive to Tribe Members!
- A 10% off coupon for Boho Berry Paperie for each month that you remain a Tribe Member.
You will also receive the Boho Berry Newsletter every Friday -- chock full of motivation, inspiration, updates and more!
Kara Benz is the artist and author behind Boho Berry, where she inspires her readers to lead a more centered, fulfilled, and inspired life. Kara also runs a successful sticker shop on Etsy – Boho Berry Paperie.