Well hello there, Sunshine! I’m thrilled to be unveiling this month’s theme for the Boho Berry Challenge… productivity!
This month, in addition to the information provided on the #BohoBerryChallenge page, I wanted to take some time to explain my thought process behind this month’s theme.
I’m also going to give you a bit more guidance when it comes to the prompts themselves.
>> PSST… For the full instructions on how to participate in the challenge, be sure to head over here.
Productivity is a topic that is near and dear to my heart, so I’m excited to share this journey with you this month! That being said, productivity and I haven’t always been on the same page so-to-speak.
If getting things done is the angel on my right shoulder, then procrastination is definitely that little red devil on the left. Procrastination is by far the biggest hurdle that I’ve had to overcome when it comes to accomplishing my goals — and I’m willing to bet that it’s one of YOUR biggest hurdles too!
I spent a long time putting together the #BohoBerryChallenge prompts for this month, and a lot of thought went into what topics that I chose to explore.
The challenge prompts this month (as always) are completely open to interpretation, but I’m hoping that a little bit of extra guidance might help you to get more out of the challenge this month.
AUGUST PRODUCTIVITY PROMPTS – EXPANDED
- INTRODUCTIONS – Every month we begin with an “introductions” prompt. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the community and get to know others who are participating in the challenge.
- MY PRODUCTIVE TIME – When are you most productive? How do you structure this time to get the most out of your day?
- MY SYSTEM – What is your system for staying productive? What tools, apps, etc. do you use to maintain your focus?
- MORNING ROUTINE – How do you start your day? What routines do you have in place to make the most of your morning?
- EVENING ROUTINE – Do you have a nightly routine to help you process your day? How do you prepare for the following day?
- THIS MONTH – What are some big projects that you would like to accomplish this month?
- THIS WEEK – What are you doing this week to work towards completion on those projects? Is anything throwing you a curveball?
- TODAY – What are you working on today? Is it driving you towards your desired outcome?
- TIME MANAGEMENT – How do you segment and manage your time each day?
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Do you have anyone or anything to hold you accountable? If not, today would be a great day to leverage the community and find an accountability buddy :)
- PROCRASTINATION – How do you manage the urge to procrastinate? How could you improve in this area?
- FINDING BALANCE – Productivity is great, but finding a balance between getting things done and having some down time can be equally important. How do you find that balance in your life?
- BIG GOALS – What are some of your big, long-term goals?
- SMALL GOALS – What are some of your smaller goals? Are there any that you’ve been putting off that you could start to work towards?
- ACTION STEPS – What action steps can you take TODAY that would bring you closer to accomplishing one or more goals?
- ANALOG TOOLS – What analog tools do you use to help with your productivity? Pens, paper, planners, journals, etc.
- DIGITAL TOOLS – What digital productivity tools do you use? This could include apps, digital calendars, and more!
- BRAINSTORMING – While traditionally a group activity, brainstorming can be a great way to get all of that clutter out of our minds and onto paper. Try brainstorming a project or goal that you’ve been putting off today.
- TRACKING PROGRESS – How do you track your progress towards your goals or big projects?
- FOCUS – Let’s face it: distractions are everywhere. How do you keep your cool and maintain focus while you’re getting things done?
- THE 80/20 RULE – Also known as the Pareto Principle, the 80/20 rule states that 80% of your results come from 20% of the actions that you take. What are you spending that precious 20% of time on that is creating big results?
- NEW TECHNIQUES – What are some new productivity tips that are on your radar that you haven’t tried yet?
- TAKING BREAKS – How do you feel about taking breaks from getting things done? Do you schedule these breaks into your day or just take them as you can or as you need them?
- CHALLENGING TASKS – We all have those tasks that are challenging or time-consuming. How do you handle them? Do you tackle them head on and get them out of the way first?
- QUALITY VS. SPEED – There’s a good argument to be made on both sides here. Which do you value more? Quality or speed?
- MY THOUGHTS ON MULTI-TASKING – What are your thoughts on multitasking? Do you believe in it?
- KEEPING IT FUN – What are some ways that you inject a bit of fun into your work or productive time?
- DEALING WITH INTERRUPTIONS – We get interrupted in so many ways on a daily basis. How do you manage or eliminate interruptions while you’re in the zone?
- LESS IS MORE – Do you ever find yourself doing more than you know you should on any given project? What are some ways that you could practice “less is more” in order to move on to the next task?
- MY FAVORITE PRODUCTIVITY BOOKS – What are some of your favorite books on productivity? Are there any key takeaways from each one?
- LESSONS LEARNED – What lessons have you learned during this month of focus and productivity?
It’s my sincerest hope that my breakdown of each one of these prompts will help you to get more out of the challenge this month. Remember, one of the best parts of this challenge is engaging with the community and learning from one another.
Would you like me to expand on the #BohoBerryChallenge prompts each and every month? If so, let me know in the comments below!
PS – You can find the full challenge graphic, printable, and instructions for how to participate right here.
JOIN THE BOHO BERRY TRIBE
- Access to the Tribe Resource Library, chock full of FREE printables. New printables added every two weeks!
- Admission into the Tribe Facebook Group, where we support and encourage each other daily.
- An invite to my monthly Live Q&A exclusive to Tribe Members!
- A 10% off coupon for Boho Berry Paperie for each month that you remain a Tribe Member.
You will also receive the Boho Berry Newsletter every Friday -- chock full of motivation, inspiration, updates and more!
Kara Benz is the artist and author behind Boho Berry, where she inspires her readers to lead a more centered, fulfilled, and inspired life. Kara also runs a successful sticker shop on Etsy – Boho Berry Paperie.