Hello Lovelies! It should be no surprise to you all by now that I am a huge fan of using mantra meditation to improve my outlook and bring positive vibes into my life. In keeping with my last post, The Art of Slowing Down, I thought I would share a few of my mantras with you. Meditation is one of my favorite ways to slow down and bring some serenity into my hectic day.
I am always on the look-out for new meditation mantras to focus on during my japa meditations. Japa Meditation (also called mantra meditation) is a technique of repeating a mantra over and over again to focus your thoughts and quiet your mind.
I’ve found it super helpful to use Mala Beads during my japa meditation practice to help keep track of my mantras and maintain focus. A Mala is a necklace of 108 beads that serve as a guide to both focus your thoughts and keep track of the number of mantra repetitions. (Mala Beads explained)
There are a lot of time-honored traditional meditation mantras out there that are extremely useful in meditation. “Om” being one of the most popular and simple of them all. In my own practice, however, I like to use more modern mantras. I find that reciting a mantra in English (that my brain can comprehend) helps me to absorb my intention more clearly and effectively.
I’ve come across a few meditation mantras over the years that I rely on time and time again to shape my thoughts. I like to pick one mantra to focus on for the week or month, to try and bring more of that intention into my life. Here are a few that I use and I hope will help you along your path as well.
Modern Meditation Mantras:
- “Where I am right now is exactly where I need to be.”
- “I have a purpose in this life.”
- “I surround myself by those who make me better.”
- “I am a magnet for joy, love, and abundance.”
- “Money flows easily and effortlessly to me.”
- “I am enough.”
- “Every day in every way, I’m getting better and better.”
- “I change my thoughts, I change my world.”
- “I am at peace with what is, what was, and what will be. I forgive you. I forgive me.”
- “I am open to the abundance of the universe.”
As you can see, these modern English meditation mantras are short enough that they are easy to remember, but very powerful in meaning. Spending an hour chanting a mantra over and over may not sound appealing, but it can have a remarkable effect on your overall mindset and mood.
Do you use mantras in your own meditation practice? What are some meditation mantras that you have used in the past and how do they help you? I’d love to hear from you and maybe even discover some new mantras in the process, so drop me a line in the comments below :)
P.S. If you love this article, and would like to try the Mala Beads featured above, I’d love to welcome you to the Boho Berry Shop! Enjoy 20% off your first order using coupon code 10MANTRAS at checkout. That’s my gift to YOU for being so awesomely supportive!
JOIN THE BOHO BERRY TRIBE
- Access to the Tribe Resource Library, chock full of FREE printables. New printables added every two weeks!
- Admission into the Tribe Facebook Group, where we support and encourage each other daily.
- An invite to my monthly Live Q&A exclusive to Tribe Members!
- A 10% off coupon for Boho Berry Paperie for each month that you remain a Tribe Member.
You will also receive the Boho Berry Newsletter every Friday -- chock full of motivation, inspiration, updates and more!
Kara Benz is the artist and author behind Boho Berry, where she inspires her readers to lead a more centered, fulfilled, and inspired life. Kara also runs a successful sticker shop on Etsy – Boho Berry Paperie.