If I knew I could not fail… This is a topic that has been on my mind almost incessantly for the past few weeks.
During my time spent dreaming about opening my Etsy Shop, I was browsing Pinterest and stumbled across a Pin entitled “31 Days to Build a Creative Business”. This post single-handedly made this crazy dream of mine cross the line into reality. Not only is the information in this 31 day series absolutely amazing, but it also lead me to find Lisa Jacobs, owner of the Energy Shop on Etsy and author of Marketing Creativity.
Lisa’s writing & teaching style really spoke to me. Her energy and positivity shine through her words. I ate up the free resources available on her website & blog so quickly that I just couldn’t wait for more.
One of Lisa’s newest endeavors is The Luminaries Club, “a private space [for members only] filled to the brim with tools, resources & trade secrets”. Let me tell you right now: If you are ever thinking of making the leap into your own creative business, or even if you already have a small business of your own, the resources available through this membership are absolutely wonderful. Not only is it chock full of how-to’s and insider tips… you will also find goal setting exercises, time management resources, and guided prompts to help you get more out of your business.
All of this leads me to the topic at hand:
If I knew I could not fail, I would…
In one of Lisa’s courses, she talks about this prompt and says:
I challenge you to answer this prompt boldly. The answer to this exercise is what your life is calling you to do. Don’t let anything stand in your way!
So, without further ado, I introduce you to my If I knew I could not fail list:
- If I knew I could not fail, I would… Open an Etsy shop where I sell bohemian-inspired jewelry.
- If I knew I could not fail, I would… Start a website/blog where I share my creative process, ideas, and immerse my readers into the boho lifestyle.
- If I knew I could not fail, I would… Sign up to be a vendor at local craft shows throughout the year to help increase my marketing reach and network with other creative business owners.
- If I knew I could not fail, I would… Use my creative business & blog to create a stream of income to help support my family.
Now, you may be saying “But Kara! You have already done TWO of those things!”. And you’re right! But at the time I wrote this list, all 4 items were things that I had not yet done. I had only DREAMED of opening my own shop. I had only DREAMED about starting my own blog. I knew right away that I needed to get to work on making my dreams a reality. So I did.
The last two items on my list are things that I plan on getting done by the end of the year:
#3 – I realize that the time of year for craft shows is already upon us. I have nowhere NEAR the amount of inventory I would need to be a vendor at any of the shows this spring. Therefore, I plan on attending as many shows and events as possible to really get the lay of the land so to speak. I’ll get an idea for what kinds of items do well, what quantities of items crafters bring, and what kind of people I’ll be doing business with. I will also be able to start the second part of this plan: networking with other creative business owners in my area.
#4 – Using my creative business and blog to create a stream of income to help support my family. This is really just an ongoing plan full of SO many intricacies. It involves careful marketing, networking, research, organization, and planning. I will be dedicating myself to this business as if I were clocking in to a “real job” every day. Through hard work and laser-focused dedication, I hope to have built a steady, reliable source of income for my family.
So now I ask you, Boho Berry Readers… What would YOU do if you knew you could not fail?
Please leave your comments below. I would LOVE to hear what big dreams you would put into action If you knew you could not fail…
JOIN THE BOHO BERRY TRIBE
- Access to the Tribe Resource Library, chock full of FREE printables. New printables added every two weeks!
- Admission into the Tribe Facebook Group, where we support and encourage each other daily.
- An invite to my monthly Live Q&A exclusive to Tribe Members!
- A 10% off coupon for Boho Berry Paperie for each month that you remain a Tribe Member.
You will also receive the Boho Berry Newsletter every Friday -- chock full of motivation, inspiration, updates and more!