Welcome to the
Boho Berry Book Club
ABOUT THE BOOK CLUB
The Boho Berry Book Club is a meeting place to gather and talk about a different personal development book each month — and the ways it can make our lives more awesome off the page.
Personal development topics can feel…well, personal, and we often can’t help but fall into the trap of taking ourselves too seriously. This group places a bright filter over those topics to make it all feel a little lighter.
The Boho Berry Book Club is an opportunity to engage with self-help concepts and integrate them into our lives where it feels right, leave what doesn’t with zero guilt, and know that we have the backup and relief of a club of awesome, imperfect people figuring it out along with us.
View each book, each week, each day as just a new experiment you’re conducting in living a happier life, and enjoy!
HOW IT WORKS:
• A book is selected each month (more on this later) and, much like an in-person book club, a meeting is set toward the end of the month for us to talk about it. However, it will be held in our virtual living room — the Boho Berry Book Club Facebook Group.
• During the month, you’re free to read the book at your own pace. We want the book club to feel like a fun, light and inspiring extra in your life, not like homework.
• Monthly book club meetings will take place on the 25th of each month and consist of questions, quotes, and conversation-starters released in separate posts, where discussion about each prompt can take place in the comments section.
• Starting on the 25th of each month you’re also encouraged to write your own posts sharing your thoughts and experiences of reading that month’s book.
• Throughout the month some chat about the book is a given, but to avoid “spoilers” and to support everyone’s individual reading pace, we ask that specific, in-depth talk waits until the end of the month. Think of what you would or would not say to your real-life friends about a book that you were all reading at different speeds! When in doubt, wait to post until the 25th.
• We’ll keep the conversation going before our main chats with weekly prompts to set an intention for your week — relating the book’s material to your mind, body and spirit. We would love for you to share your experiences with that intention throughout the week!
• On the first of each month, a poll will go up in the Boho Berry Book Club Facebook Group with possible selections for the next month’s book. You’ll have 3 days to vote for the book that you’d like us to read next, and then the winner will be announced. This gives everyone plenty of time to get the book before the next month starts.
* This post contains affiliate links. In plain English, this means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. You will never see me post a link to a product or service that I haven’t used myself and love! (Learn more here) Thank you for supporting Boho Berry!
THIS MONTH’S BOOK:
The Bullet Journal Method by yde
It can’t be a huge shocker that our pick for December’s book club is The Bullet Journal Method by Ryder Carroll, right?
The Bullet Journal website, with its simple video featuring Ryder explaining his technique while an overhead shot caught his hands setting up his journal, sparked a revolution and showed people all over the world a new way to take hold of their lives and get organized.
Now, with The Bullet Journal Method expanding on Ryder’s system and filling in the gaps, we’re invited not to just get organized — but to look at the things we fill our lives with and make sure they matter.
At the suggestion of some of our Boho Berry Book Club members, Kara and I opted to forgo our regular monthly poll and make an executive decision to read The Bullet Journal for the month of December. I can’t think of a better way to get ready for a new year than having this book to organize our lives, thoughts, priorities and happiness — and we’d love for you to join us.