Hello, lovelies! I’m thrilled to be unveiling this month’s theme for the Boho Berry Challenge… January Check-In!
In addition to the information provided on the #BohoBerryChallenge page, I wanted to take some time to explain my thought process behind this month’s theme.
I’m also going to give you a bit more guidance when it comes to the prompts themselves.
>> PSST… For the full instructions on how to participate in the challenge, be sure to head over here.
Being the first month of the year, I thought it would be fun to have a little New Year Check-In.
You might notice that we’re repeating last year’s January prompts… that’s totally intentional! I love reflecting and seeing how we have all changed in just one year.
Each prompt this month is designed to give you a sense of where you are right now, at the beginning of 2018. I’m excited to look back on this challenge at the end of the year to see how much has changed, and I can’t wait to share this journey again with you this month!
I spent a long time putting together the #BohoBerryChallenge prompts for this month, and a lot of thought went into what topics that I chose to explore.
The challenge prompts (as always) are completely open to interpretation, but I’m hoping that a little bit of extra guidance might help you to get more out of the challenge this month.
JANUARY PROMPTS – EXPANDED
Remember, there are many different ways to participate in this challenge. It was created as a journaling challenge, so ideally you would journal a paragraph or two about each day’s topic. But don’t feel like you have to… one word is enough to spark that feeling of gratitude. You can be as simple or as creative as you like here… the sky’s the limit!
Note: I won’t be expanding on the “favorites” prompts as they are pretty self-explanatory :)
- WHO I AM – Share a little bit about what makes you… you :)
- WHO I WANT TO BE – What does an “ideal you” look like?
- RESOLUTIONS – Have you made any New Year’s resolutions this year?
- NEW YEAR MANTRA – Have you set a mantra or intention for the new year? Share it today!
- TOP 3 VALUES – What are your top 3 values?
- TOP 3 STRENGTHS – What are your top 3 strengths?
- TOP 3 WEAKNESSES – What are your top 3 weaknesses?
- THINGS I LOVE – Share a list of things that make you smile today.
- LETTING GO OF – What are some things that you’d like to let go of in 2019?
- PEOPLE WHO MATTER – Who are the people who matter most to you?
- GOALS THIS YEAR – What are some of your big goals for 2019? Do you have a plan to achieve them?
- LETTER TO FUTURE ME – Write a letter to future you. What would you want to tell yourself a year from now?
- LOOKING FORWARD TO – What are you looking forward to the most this year?
- HOPING TO CHANGE – Is there anything in your life that you’re hoping to change?
- CURRENTLY… – Make a list of things you’re currently doing (reading, watching, eating, wishing, etc.)
- TRYING SOMETHING NEW – Is there anything new that you want to try this year?
- I WANT MORE OF – What do you want MORE of in 2019?
- I WANT LESS OF – What do you want LESS of in 2019?
- I’M GRATEFUL FOR – What are you grateful for as we move into the new year?
- I’M INSPIRED BY – Who/what inspires you right now?
- FAVORITE BOOK
- FAVORITE MOVIE
- FAVORITE DRINK
- FAVORITE FOOD
- FAVORITE VACATION
- FAVORITE ANIMAL
- FAVORITE PERSON
- FAVORITE PASTIME
- FAVORITE PEN
- FAVORITE NOTEBOOK
- LESSONS LEARNED – What lessons have you learned through this January check-in?
It’s my sincerest hope that my breakdown of each one of these prompts will help you to get more out of the challenge this month. Remember, one of the best parts of this challenge is engaging with the community and learning from one another.
PS – You can find the full challenge graphic, printable, and instructions on how to join the community right here.
JOIN THE BOHO BERRY TRIBE
- Access to the Tribe Resource Library, chock full of FREE printables. New printables added every two weeks!
- Admission into the Tribe Facebook Group, where we support and encourage each other daily.
- An invite to my monthly Live Q&A exclusive to Tribe Members!
- A 10% off coupon for Boho Berry Paperie for each month that you remain a Tribe Member.
You will also receive the Boho Berry Newsletter every Friday -- chock full of motivation, inspiration, updates and more!
Kara Benz is the artist and author behind Boho Berry, where she inspires her readers to lead a more centered, fulfilled, and inspired life. Kara also runs a successful sticker shop on Etsy – Boho Berry Paperie.