Hello, lovelies! I’m thrilled to be unveiling this month’s theme for the Boho Berry Challenge… Year-End Review!
In addition to the information provided on the #BohoBerryChallenge page, I wanted to take some time to explain my thought process behind this month’s theme.
I’m also going to give you a bit more guidance when it comes to the prompts themselves.
>> PSST… For the full instructions on how to participate in the challenge, be sure to head over here.
You may notice that this month’s prompts are exactly the same as last December… that is absolutely intentional! I find this time of year to be great for reflection and preparation for the year ahead, and I’ve found that answering the same questions year after year helps to measure your progress as time goes on.
The first half of the prompt list is a reflection of 2018, and the second half is geared towards planning and preparing for 2019. I’m looking forward to reflecting on these year-end review prompts this month, and I can’t wait to see your responses as well!
The challenge prompts (as always) are completely open to interpretation, but I’m hoping that a little bit of extra guidance might help you to get more out of the challenge this month.
DECEMBER PROMPTS – EXPANDED
Remember, there are many different ways to participate in this challenge. It was created as a journaling challenge, so ideally you would journal a paragraph or two about each day’s topic. But don’t feel like you have to… one word is enough to spark that feeling of gratitude. You can be as simple or as creative as you like here… the sky’s the limit!
- INTRODUCTIONS – Today is the day for introductions!
- 2018 IN THREE WORDS – What 3 words best describe your year so far?
- FAVORITE MEMORY – What was your favorite memory of 2018 so far?
- BIGGEST ACCOMPLISHMENT – What was your biggest accomplishment this year? How did you achieve it?
- BIGGEST CHALLENGE – What was your biggest challenge or obstacle this year? How did you overcome it?
- THIS YEAR, I… – There are so many ways to interpret today’s prompt. Complete the sentence with whatever is in your heart about this past year.
- TIME WELL SPENT – What was time well spent this year?
- SUCCESSES – What felt successful about 2018?
- COULD HAVE GONE BETTER – What could have gone better this year? Were there any mistakes that you can avoid in the future?
- MONEY WELL SPENT – What was money well spent this year?
- PROGRESS TOWARDS GOALS – Did you make any progress towards your big goals? Were you able to check any off your list?
- NEW SKILLS LEARNED – What new skills did you learn this year? These could be business skills, something in your education, or even new creative techniques.
- BREAK-THROUGH MOMENT – Was there a moment this year where you felt like you broke through a barrier or mental block?
- SMART DECISIONS – What were some smart decisions that you made this year?
- GOOD HABITS FORMED – Did you form any new good habits? How did you do it?
- BAD HABITS BROKEN – Were you able to kick any of your bad habits this year? How did you do it?
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS – What unfinished business do you need to take care of in order to start the new year strong? Is there anything you can tackle before the month is over?
- THEME/WORD FOR 2019 – What is your theme or word of the year for 2019? What does it mean to you?
- START DOING – Is there anything you want to START doing in 2019?
- KEEP DOING – What would you like to KEEP doing next year?
- STOP DOING – Is there anything you want to STOP doing in 2019?
- OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE – We all have those things that are uncomfortable but could be SO good for us. How are you going to step out of your comfort zone in 2019?
- SETTING INTENTIONS – What intentions do you want to set for the new year? Do you have a plan for how you will carry them out?
- SOMETHING NEW – What is something new you would like to try/learn/create next year?
- SELF-CARE – You can’t pour from an empty cup. How will you make time for self-care in 2019?
- CONTRIBUTION – We all want to make a meaningful contribution in this world. What are some ways that you can contribute to your friends, family, community, or the world in general?
- EDUCATION – Education doesn’t stop when you’re done with school. How will you educate and grow yourself mentally in 2019?
- CAREER – Do you have any major career goals next year?
- 2019 WILL FEEL SUCCESSFUL IF… – Imagine it’s December 2019. Complete this sentence and write about what a successful year would look like for you.
- TOP THREE 2019 GOALS – What are your top three goals for 2019?
- LESSONS LEARNED – What lessons have you learned through this year-end review?
It’s my sincerest hope that my breakdown of each one of these prompts will help you to get more out of the challenge this month. Remember, one of the best parts of this challenge is engaging with the community and learning from one another.
PS – You can find the full challenge graphic, printable, and instructions on how to join the community right here.
JOIN THE BOHO BERRY TRIBE
- Access to the Tribe Resource Library, chock full of FREE printables. New printables added every two weeks!
- Admission into the Tribe Facebook Group, where we support and encourage each other daily.
- An invite to my monthly Live Q&A exclusive to Tribe Members!
- A 10% off coupon for Boho Berry Paperie for each month that you remain a Tribe Member.
You will also receive the Boho Berry Newsletter every Friday -- chock full of motivation, inspiration, updates and more!
Kara Benz is the artist and author behind Boho Berry, where she inspires her readers to lead a more centered, fulfilled, and inspired life. Kara also runs a successful sticker shop on Etsy – Boho Berry Paperie.