Hello, lovelies! I’m thrilled to be unveiling the brand new December Boho Berry Challenge!
In addition to the information provided on the #BohoBerryChallenge page, I wanted to take some time to explain my thought process behind this month’s theme.
I’m also going to give you a bit more guidance when it comes to the prompts themselves.
>> PSST… For the full instructions on how to participate in the challenge, be sure to head over here.
Being the last month of the year, and my first month back to creating new challenges, I thought it would be fun to do a little self-discovery and assessment to round out 2019.
Each prompt this month is designed for you to journal about different aspects of your life — past, present, and future.
I spent a long time putting together the #BohoBerryChallenge prompts for this month, and a lot of thought went into what topics that I chose to explore.
The challenge prompts (as always) are completely open to interpretation, but I’m hoping that a little bit of extra guidance might help you to get more out of the challenge this month.
December Prompts – Expanded
Remember, there are many different ways to participate in this challenge. It was created as a journaling challenge, so ideally you would journal a paragraph or two about each day’s topic. But don’t feel like you have to… one word is enough to spark that feeling of gratitude. You can be as simple or as creative as you like here… the sky’s the limit!
- Five things that make me happy: Start the month off on a happy note by listing or journaling about the five things that bring you the most joy.
- What I fear the most: Sometimes just naming our fears can help us to move past them. What is one thing that you fear the most? How can you overcome it?
- The last time I laughed really hard: Can you remember what made you laugh so hard you almost cried? Reflect on how that made you feel.
- Open letter to someone I admire: Do you have someone in your life that you look up to? Write an open letter to them telling them how you feel. Of course, you can keep it private as well. :)
- I forgive myself for…: We all have at least one thing that we need to forgive ourselves for, and it seems like it’s always SO much harder than forgiving others. What’s that one thing for you and how can you work towards forgiveness?
- Things that make me ME: What makes you uniquely “you”?
- Three pet peeves: What are three things that really get under your skin?
- If I could not fail, I would…: If you knew that you absolutely could not fail, what would you do? The sky’s the limit!
- I want to learn about…: This could be a new skill, a new language, or even learning about history, sports, social issues, etc.
- Words I need to hear: What do you really wish someone would say to you right now?
- My greatest challenge is…: We all have obstacles that we need to overcome. What is your biggest hurdle right now?
- Things that make me feel better: A handy list to have when you’re in pain – physically OR emotionally.
- How I want to be remembered: What do you want your legacy to be?
- Traits I admire in others: What are some traits that you admire in others? Is there a way that you could incorporate them into your own life?
- My five worst habits: Any bad habits that you want to change?
- My five best habits: What good habits would you like to maintain?
- I’m really good at…: What are your strengths?
- The most unique things about me…: Think about your life and reflect on the things that are unique or uncommon about you.
- If this was my last day on Earth…: How would you spend your final day?
- My favorite childhood memories: Think back and reflect on some of your happiest moments as a child.
- What I wanted to be when I grew up: What did you dream of becoming when you were a child? Does it correlate to what you do now?
- If money weren’t an issue, I would…: If you could do absolutely anything, what would it be?
- My definition of success: What does success mean to you? Is it financial? Career-based? Happiness-based?
- Quotes that inspire me: Take some time to document the quotes that motivate and inspire you.
- I’m looking forward to…: What events are coming up that are filling you with positive anticipation? How will you make the most of it when the time comes?
- My vision for the future: This could be personal or broader, like the future of the world itself.
- Biggest life lesson so far: How did you learn it? What did it teach you?
- Right now I need…: Try to differentiate between “wants” and “needs” here. What do you actually “need” right now?
- The bravest thing I ever did: Can you remember a time when you did something that took courage? How did it make you feel?
- To be honest, I would rather…: Have fun with this one! This could be an ‘unpopular opinion’, or something you’d rather be doing.
- Next year I hope to…: What are your big hopes and dreams for 2020? How do you plan on turning them into a reality?
It’s my sincerest hope that my breakdown of each one of these prompts will help you to get more out of the challenge this month. Remember, one of the best parts of this challenge is engaging with the community and learning from one another.
PS – You can find the full challenge graphic, printable, and instructions on how to join the community right here.
JOIN THE BOHO BERRY TRIBE
- Access to the Tribe Resource Library, chock full of FREE printables. New printables added every two weeks!
- Admission into the Tribe Facebook Group, where we support and encourage each other daily.
- An invite to my monthly Live Q&A exclusive to Tribe Members!
- A 10% off coupon for Boho Berry Paperie for each month that you remain a Tribe Member.
You will also receive the Boho Berry Newsletter every Friday -- chock full of motivation, inspiration, updates and more!
Kara Benz is the artist and author behind Boho Berry, where she inspires her readers to lead a more centered, fulfilled, and inspired life. Kara also runs a successful sticker shop on Etsy – Boho Berry Paperie.