Who’s ready for a new month of the #BohoBerryChallenge?!? I’m so excited to reveal the theme for the August Boho Berry Challenge… Self-Care!
In addition to the information provided on the #BohoBerryChallenge page, I wanted to take some time to explain my thought process behind this month’s theme.
I’m also going to give you a bit more guidance when it comes to the prompts themselves.
>> PSST . . . For the full instructions on how to participate in the challenge, be sure to head over here.
Our theme for the August Boho Berry Box is Self-Care, and I thought it would be a great idea to continue that theme in our journaling challenge this month. These prompts are designed to get you thinking about self-care all month long. Let’s finish the month refreshed and ready to take on the world! :)
I spent a long time putting together the #BohoBerryChallenge prompts for this month, and a lot of thought went into what topics that I chose to explore.
The challenge prompts (as always) are completely open to interpretation, but I’m hoping that a little bit of extra guidance might help you to get more out of the challenge.
AUGUST PROMPTS – EXPANDED
Remember, there are many different ways to participate in this challenge.
It was created as a journaling challenge, so ideally you would journal a paragraph or two about each day’s topic.
But don’t feel like you have to. You can be as simple or as creative as you like here… the sky’s the limit!
- INTRODUCTIONS – Today is the day to introduce yourself to the community!
- WHAT SELF-CARE MEANS TO ME – Self-care can mean different things to different people… what do you think of when you hear the words “self-care”?
- 10 THINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE – Creating this list will help you come up with ideas for self-care… how can you incorporate more things that make you smile into your daily life?
- MY FAVORITE WAYS TO RELAX – What are some of your favorite ways to relax and unwind?
- PAMPERING MYSELF – What are some ways that you can pamper yourself?
- MY HAPPY PLACE – Is there an area of your home or your neighborhood that brings you joy? How can you spend more time there?
- TAKING A “ME DAY” – A “me day” is just what it sounds like… a day dedicated to taking care of yourself. Are you able to schedule one soon?
- ASKING FOR HELP – We can’t always do everything ourselves. Sometimes asking for help can be a great act of self-care. What could you ask for help with to give yourself back some time?
- 3 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MYSELF – What are 3 (or more) things that you love about yourself? How can you use those gifts?
- SELF-CARE OBSTACLES – Are there any obstacles or challenges standing in the way of your self-care? Brainstorm some ways that you can overcome them.
- I AM THE BEST VERSION OF MYSELF WHEN… – What circumstances or people bring out the best in you?
- 10 MINUTE SELF-CARE BREAKS – What are some quick ways that you can give yourself a little love?
- SITTING IN SILENCE – Meditation, prayer, or literally just sitting in silence can be a great boost… How do you work silence into your day?
- FAVORITE SELF-CARE QUOTE – What is your favorite quote about self-care? Write it down and reflect on it often.
- SAYING “NO” – Sometimes saying “no” can be hard, but it’s important to know your limits and set boundaries so that you can take care of yourself too. Is there something you need to say “no” to?
- MY MORNING ROUTINE – What does your morning routine look like? Can you squeeze a little self-care into it?
- CREATIVE TIME – One of my favorite ways to practice self-care is to take some time to express myself creatively. How can you schedule in some creative time?
- MY FAVORITE HOBBIES – Hobbies are a great way to take a little time for yourself. What are some of your favorites?
- ENJOYING THE OUTDOORS – Getting outside and enjoying nature is a great way to relax and unwind. What are some of your favorite outdoor activities?
- LEARNING SOMETHING NEW – Is there anything you’ve been wanting to learn but haven’t had the time?
- SCREEN-FREE TIME – In this day and age, we’re constantly attached to our devices. What are some ways that you could schedule in some screen-free time to unplug for a while?
- CREATING A NEW HABIT – Is there a new habit that you would like to start cultivating?
- DECLUTTERING – Decluttering may sound like a chore, but it feels SO good when it’s done! What is one small area of your home that you could tidy up?
- MY FAVORITE PODCASTS – There are some amazing podcasts out there! What are some of your favorites to listen to?
- JUST BECAUSE IT MAKES ME HAPPY – What is one thing that you could do today just because it makes you happy?
- THINGS I’M GRATEFUL FOR – Taking the time to acknowledge what you’re grateful for can be so rewarding! Take a minute to reflect on the things you’re thankful for today.
- GIVING BACK – Sometimes contribution can feel just as rewarding as taking care of yourself. What are some ways that you can give back?
- POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS – Make a list of some of your favorite positive affirmations.
- PHYSICAL SELF-CARE IDEAS – Getting a massage… having a spa day… a long hot bubble bath… make a list of fun ways to take care of your body.
- RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS – RAKs don’t JUST have to be for other people… think of some spontaneous ways that you could be kind to yourself.
- REWARDING MYSELF – It’s time to reward yourself for a job well done this month!
I can’t WAIT to see your entries this month!
Remember, one of the best parts of this challenge is engaging with the community and learning from one another.
PS – You can find the full challenge graphic, printable, and instructions on how to join the community right here.
JOIN THE BOHO BERRY TRIBE
- Access to the Tribe Resource Library, chock full of FREE printables. New printables added every two weeks!
- Admission into the Tribe Facebook Group, where we support and encourage each other daily.
- An invite to my monthly Live Q&A exclusive to Tribe Members!
- A 10% off coupon for Boho Berry Paperie for each month that you remain a Tribe Member.
You will also receive the Boho Berry Newsletter every Friday -- chock full of motivation, inspiration, updates and more!
Kara Benz is the artist and author behind Boho Berry, where she inspires her readers to lead a more centered, fulfilled, and inspired life. Kara also runs a successful sticker shop on Etsy – Boho Berry Paperie.