Well hello there! Did you miss me? Before I dive in today, I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to all of you for being so patient with me over the past couple of weeks. With my shop opening on May 1st, I’ve been in a bit of a frenzy over here trying to get over 300 orders out the door. Talk about being busy!
In any case, I’m happy to be back to “normal” for the most part, and I’m going to do my best to keep creating all of the yummy content you’ve come to love and expect around here.
I’m definitely still in the thick of things with the shop opening, but I thought I’d share this quick little post with you today anyway. Ready? Let’s go!
A few weeks ago, I was sitting around thinking about aging. Come on, you know we all do this! I’ll be turning 35 next year, and I have SO much that I want to do while I’m still “young”. So, I started to think about all of the things that I still want to do in life, and how little time we all actually have when you sit down to think about it.
I don’t know about you, but when I get into a thinking session like this one, my mind tends to wander a bit. I knew that I wanted to create a 35 before 35 list, but I wasn’t quite sure how I wanted to do it.
Then it hit me.
Instead of a traditional list of random things to do, I decided to create a list of things that I could do for others! One area of my life that I’ve been trying to focus more on lately is contribution (see my Level 10 Life post to check out the other areas), and I see this list as the perfect way to stay on track in this area.
So without further ado, here’s my list!
35 ACTS OF KINDNESS BEFORE 35
- Pay for a stranger’s groceries
- Pay the bridge toll for the car behind me
- Support a small business
- Volunteer in my community
- Help a friend in need, no questions asked
- Donate used clothes
- Donate used books
- Compliment a stranger
- Leave a random “you are awesome” note
- Send letters to sick children
- Say thank you to someone who made a difference
- Donate to charity
- Be kind to myself when I make a mistake
- Pay for someone’ dinner
- Loan money through Kiva.org
- Teach a friend something new
- Cook dinner for a friend in need
- Make an introduction
- Buy a small gift for someone “just because”
- Hold the elevator
- Help someone with directions
- Leave a big tip
- Plant a tree
- Pick up trash in a public park
- Pay someone’s expired parking meter
- Put positive sticky notes around town
- Send dessert to another table
- Host a clean up party
- Send flowers to a friend
- Offer to babysit for a single mom
- Forgive someone and never bring it up again
- Say “I’m sorry” when I’m wrong
- Help a friend pack and move
- Give away a great book
- Hide money for a stranger to find
Once I finished writing out this list, I realized that I needed a good way to have this list with me at all times. So, I made a copy of it and put it in my purse so that it’s always there as a reminder (and so that I can mark things off as I go).
Every time I look at this list, it makes me smile. I’m excited to dive in and start checking these little acts of kindness off one by one.
How about you? Is there anything you would add to your own list? Let me know in the comments below!
JOIN THE BOHO BERRY TRIBE
- Access to the Tribe Resource Library, chock full of FREE printables. New printables added every two weeks!
- Admission into the Tribe Facebook Group, where we support and encourage each other daily.
- An invite to my monthly Live Q&A exclusive to Tribe Members!
- A 10% off coupon for Boho Berry Paperie for each month that you remain a Tribe Member.
You will also receive the Boho Berry Newsletter every Friday -- chock full of motivation, inspiration, updates and more!
Kara Benz is the artist and author behind Boho Berry, where she inspires her readers to lead a more centered, fulfilled, and inspired life. Kara also runs a successful sticker shop on Etsy – Boho Berry Paperie.