New Year for a New You is a seven-day review series hosted by Lisa Jacobs of Marketing Creativity. You may have seen me hinting over on Instagram last week about how excited I was for this series to begin.
Last year, I dove in and responded to the prompts within my Bullet Journal, and I just loved how the review process made me feel like I was on the right track for the new year.
This review process is derived from Lisa’s book – Your Best Year 2017. So if you’ve been on the fence about whether or not to purchase this workbook, this will be a great sneak peek to the contents inside ;)
This year, Lisa has invited others to blog along with her as we go through the seven-day review process. I couldn’t help but jump at the chance! It is SO helpful to not only go through the review process yourself but to see others’ responses to the same prompts.
In the spirit of sharing and helping YOU to complete your own review, I’ve decided to share my responses to the prompts right here on the blog for the next seven days. It’s my hope that seeing my answers along with Lisa’s over on her blog might help you to answer the questions on your own as well.
NEW YEAR FOR A NEW YOU: DAY #1
Day 1’s prompts were all about looking back and appreciating 2016, something that I had already done a bit on my 2016 in Review spread in my Bullet Journal:
Here are my answers to the prompts…
>> What was time very well spent this year?
- Learning new skills
- Creating content for the blog, YouTube, Instagram, and Etsy
- Taking time off to recharge
- Making memories with my family
>> What was money very well spent this year?
- Hiring help for my growing business
- Investing in my education (online courses & workbooks)
- Money spent on travel
- Additional Silhouette machines to help me keep up with Etsy orders
- Monthly donations to The Front Row Foundation and NaNoWriMo.org
>> What are your favorite memories of 2016?
- Summer Road Trip with my daughter, Bella
- Going to San Francisco and teaching a segment on CreativeLive with Lisa
- Being interviewed on Goulet Guests
- Attending the Miracle Morning Mastery & Co-Creation event in Chicago
- Going to the Atlanta Pen Show and meeting the Goulets :)
- Mark coming home from his long deployment
- Attending the Best Year Ever Blueprint event in San Diego
>> What did you accomplish or complete this year?
- I opened my Etsy shop – Boho Berry Paperie
- I completed both a Whole30 AND a Whole60 challenge!
- I learned the ins and outs of Adobe Illustrator
- Hired my first employee
>> Did you make any progress on long-term goals?
Absolutely! One of my big goals in 2016 was to improve my time management. While I don’t feel that I have it completely figured out, I feel much better about my time management skills than before I started giving it a concentrated effort. I also crushed my income goals for 2016 while staying true to my personal mission statement. :)
>> What felt successful about 2016, as a whole?
Being able to work from home, doing what I love, and contributing to the world. Also, pulling together an amazing Tribe centered around the same goals and aspirations was pretty incredible! Of course, finally getting to travel as much as I want to has been a huge success for me this year as well.
>> Did you overcome any obstacles or mental blocks in 2016?
Yes! I had to realize that I am good enough. That was a hard one, but a lesson that I am SO happy that I learned in 2016. We all have such unique gifts to share with the world. It’s time to stop hiding them! Also, realizing that I’m able to do way more than I ever thought I was capable of.
>> What did you learn about yourself after all that happened in 2016?
- I’m a good teacher
- I can learn new skills when needed
- I tend to procrastinate more than I should
- Traveling is still my favorite thing :)
>> Who nurtured or supported you most this year?
- My husband, Mark, is always my biggest supporter
- Lisa Jacobs – I consider her a close friend and mentor, and I’m honored that she feels the same :)
- The Goulet Pen Company team – through giveaways, brainstorming, collaborations, and mutual support. I’m happy to be a part of the #GouletNation!
- Jessica, Dee, and Kim – my closest blogging friends. These ladies have been shoulders to lean on in tough times, and huge supporters in 2016.
- The Boho Berry Tribe – I don’t know where I’d be without y’all! I feel honored and blessed that you are on this journey with me!!!
>> Who did you enjoy nurturing and supporting?
- The Boho Berry Tribe – Again, this community is my heart and soul! I love being there for you and coming up with new ways to nurture and inspire you on a daily basis :)
- Candace – my first employee! This girl has been a godsend to me, and I enjoy teaching her the back end of my business as she grows her own.
- Bella – my beautiful daughter. Watching her grow into a lovely young woman is one of my biggest blessings in this life.
- The Bullet Journal Community – I love sharing ideas, both mine and those of others, and watching the community grow and become stronger day by day.
- Small businesses that I admire – There’s nothing I love more than using my platform to send some love to other small businesses that deserve it :)
That’s it! I hope you enjoyed reading through my responses, and that you will take the time to join us in
these seven days of review.
Remember, you can find each day’s prompts on the Marketing Creativity blog each morning :)
JOIN THE BOHO BERRY TRIBE
- Access to the Tribe Resource Library, chock full of FREE printables. New printables added every two weeks!
- Admission into the Tribe Facebook Group, where we support and encourage each other daily.
- An invite to my monthly Live Q&A exclusive to Tribe Members!
- A 10% off coupon for Boho Berry Paperie for each month that you remain a Tribe Member.
You will also receive the Boho Berry Newsletter every Friday -- chock full of motivation, inspiration, updates and more!