Happy New Year!!! Welcome to Day 5 of Lisa Jacobs’ New Year for a New You series! There’s just something about this review that has me jumping out of bed each morning to see what the new prompts are. It’s THAT good! I hope you’ve had fun following along, and that you’re getting as much out of this process as I am.
If you’re just tuning in, check out Wednesday’s post where I explain a bit about the seven-day review, why it means so much to me, and offer a peek at my responses so far.
Day 1 was all about appreciating all of the good in 2016 — accomplishments, favorite memories, and more!
Day 2 was a continuation of that review, reflecting on some of the tougher questions, and analyzing what could have been better in 2016.
Day 3 was all about intention setting in five areas — financial, spiritual, mental, relational, and physical.
Day 4 was filled with prompts to help you set clear goals for the new year and stretching your comfort zone a bit.
Day 5 was centered around charting where you spend your time, analyzing how that’s working for you, and thinking about ways to schedule your time to better fit your personal values.
Here are my answers for Day 5:
>> What are your main priorities in life? List them below in order of importance.
- Family & Relationships
- Personal Development
- Health & Fitness
>> Use the graph to chart how you invest your time during a typical 24 hour time period.
>> Does your time chart reflect the priorities you listed in #1, and in the correct order?
Kind of. I do spend a bit of time during my morning routine on exercise, but otherwise, I have not been dedicating the time to my health and fitness that I would like. Taking care of myself is something that I’ve been neglecting in 2016 and I’m ready to make a change!
>> How might you rearrange your schedule for better results?
- Make more time in my morning routine for exercise – I currently do about 20 minutes of yoga or light stretching in the morning. I’d like to step that up to an hour of more intense yoga. I even signed up for Buti Yoga to get me going in the new year!
- Take the dog for a walk at lunch time – I usually hit a mid-afternoon slump after lunch, and I think that taking the dog out for a quick 30-minute walk will help me to get some energy back.
- Actually knock off work at 5 pm every day – I got in the bad habit of working abnormally long hours while Mark was deployed this year, and I’ve been struggling to get back into a “normal” routine. I want to be present when he is home, not constantly working.
Below is the ideal daily schedule that I came up with after doing today’s review. It is pretty similar to my old schedule but with a few tweaks to make sure that I’m also taking care of myself:
That’s it for day 5!
Thank you for joining me for this seven-day review!
Be sure to check out Lisa’s post right here to get the prompts for day 6 :)
JOIN THE BOHO BERRY TRIBE
- Access to the Tribe Resource Library, chock full of FREE printables. New printables added every two weeks!
- Admission into the Tribe Facebook Group, where we support and encourage each other daily.
- An invite to my monthly Live Q&A exclusive to Tribe Members!
- A 10% off coupon for Boho Berry Paperie for each month that you remain a Tribe Member.
You will also receive the Boho Berry Newsletter every Friday -- chock full of motivation, inspiration, updates and more!